Below are interviews, podcasts and articles featuring Nathan, organized by media type. For speeches and storytelling video of Nathan, click here. Above photo by Ken Lambert for The Seattle Times.
- The Seattle Times. “Most Bus Drivers Avoid Metro Route 7; Then There’s Nathan Vass, Who Loves It.” Front-page article profiling the author, and The Times’ most-read article for the week of its publication. By Jessica Lee. Published August 15, 2017.
- The Seattle Times. “Seattle Artist Nathan Vass: Going Forward in All Directions.” Review of a solo show exhibiting the author’s work. By Michael Upchurch. Published June 27, 2013.
- Real Change News. “Reader of the Week: Nathan Vass.” Interview with the author regarding his bus driving, blog, and thoughts on homelessness. By Tricia Sullivan. Published December 11, 2013.
- The Seattle Channel. "CityStream: Metro’s Merry Bus Driver." Broadcast Mar 29, 2018. KIRO, KING, KMTV and freelance reporter Diane Duthweiler interviews Nathan on his attitude and appreciation for serving the people.
- King County. “Secret Identity Metro Ad Campaign: Nathan Vass.” Published 2015-present, in conjunction with billboards, posters, bookmarks & brochures. Nathan is a lead face of this hiring campaign. Ongoing.
- Washington State University. "Nathan Vass on Shooting Exclusively With Film." Produced by Brian Bell for WSU’s Film and Television Communications Department. Published June 17, 2015.
- National Public Radio. "KUOW The Record: How far can kindness go? Pretty far, it turns out." [alternate link] KUOW host Ross Reynolds interviews Nathan in the studio on a variety of transit-related human-interest topics. Radio broadcast by NPR: KUOW. Broadcast date: May 24, 2018, 12pm PST.
- National Public Radio. "KNKX Sound Effect: Traffic." KNKX host Gabriel Spitzer interviews Nathan in the studio and on the road, focusing on his connection with the people. Radio broadcast by NPR: KNKX. Broadcast date: Dec 2, 2017, 10am PST. Available on iTunes.
- Bare Naked Bravery. 042: Empowering Others: Public Transit, Storytelling, Driving a Bus & Making Art with Nathan Vass. BNB’s Emily Ann Peterson interviews luminaries representing bravery from around the United States, usually for half an hour; here she sits down with Nathan for an hour. Published May 16, 2017.
- The Northwest Urbanist. CascadiaCast Episode 6: Nathan Vass. Scott Bonjukian, architect, writer and founder of The Northwest Urbanist, interviews Nathan on transit, urban development, and housing issues. Published March 2, 2016.
- NPR Online. “Bus Driver Finds Beauty in Even the Toughest of Routes.” One of Quirksee’s (a division of NPR) top five most read articles of 2013. By Martha Kang. Published on September 19, 2013.
- The Seattle Review of Books. “Talking with Seattle’s blogging bus driver, Nathan Vass.” By Paul Constant. Published March 2017.
- Here in Seattle. “33 Questions with Nathan Vass, Artist, Photographer, Filmmaker… and Metro Bus Driver.” By William Pennington. Published June 2017.
- Seattle Shines. “Why He’s On Board.” By Holli Margell, for Seattle Shines: a Look at the Unexpected Beauty and Unsung Heroes of Seattle. Published March 11, 2016.
- Erica Weiland. An Interview with Nathan Vass – Part 1, and An Interview with Nathan Vass – Part 2. By Erica Weiland. Published June 24 and July 8, 2014.
- Have You Nerd? “5 Blogs that I Love (That you just might too).” By Virginia Eader. Published September 8, 2013.
- The Sunbreak. “‘Here We Go!’ Riding with Metro Operator Nathan Vass.” [stand by for link update] By Lucas Anderson. Published February 8, 2010.